Man this is good stuff guys! Thank you!! I have been using the Cast Performance bullets, and love the accuracy I am getting with them. SChunter, what you said kinda makes it click... a little bit. Being that lead is soft, what kind of weight retention do you guys expect with these soft nose hard cast bullets? I would figure the "soft" part would slough off during impact / expansion. Too rapid / too much expansion would mean the mushroom gets thin, which would cause it to weaken and break off, wouldn't it?? I guess maybe this is why these bullets are run a little slower?

While I'm sitting here typing this, I was reminded of a thread a while back where we discussed punch bullets. At the time, some on here said that punch bullets were the premium of the premium (not exact words). I tend to believe you should always shoot the best bullet you can afford as the animals we hunt deserve / demand that, at least in my book. Is it safe to say these soft hard cast bullets are a premium bullet then, or just a new idea that is being tested and working out pretty well so far? Only one person (Sixshot) has very much experience with them, so that leads me to believe they may be kinda new???

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.