I kinda got feed up with myself asking the "what if" type of question along with hypothetical answers so a few weeks ago I packed my bags, loaded my black and tan coonhound along with some handguns and went to kill some boar. You guys have already seen the first boar I took where the 44 partition tried to exit ass backwards, so this is the 2nd critter I took on that hunt. The gun was a open sight Dan Wesson 44 Mag fitted with an 8" vent barrel and a white insert ramp front sight. The handload used a 250 Nosler partition over 23.5 grs of H-110 that worked fine in my revolver.
This boar was with four others feeding along a hilltop with some gullys along the side. I made my way up a gully until I could go no further. The distance was around 80 yards that was to far for me and open sights. Waited and waited until a large swamp hog, in the group, started to feed downhill on an angle to me. The other boar, which included the one I wanted to shoot, finally started to follow the big one as I tracked him with my open sight 44. It was hard not to shoot as he was walking in front of me until he stopped and I let one go into his vitals. This was followed with a 50 yard dash along with a 22lr solid at the base of the ear. I`ve posted photos of the boar along with the damage caused by the 250 grain partition..... The Nosler did a tremendous job on the liver and lungs which is all the more reason to mourn its passing from the reloaders bench....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"