va. bow season opened yesterday morning,our plans went out the window because the forest acess road wasnt open.we drove another twenty minutes to the farm we hunt.the new plan was to walk the edge of the field and find a likely ambush spot (no tree stands)
after about 70 yds. my friend went into the woods,i went about 100 yds. more and decided to wait on first light.i was leaning against a big oak looking into the field when i heard a faint grunt,i grunted back and that was all it took,the doe grunted a couple more times.I looked to my right and there she was at about 20 yds.i drew the bow and it was still to dark to see the pins through the peep sight...(i missed)
at the shot she ran a semi circle and now was facing me at 11 yards,(i had my leafy suit on,i guess she didnt know what i was )i knocked another arrow,drew the bow and shot while she watched!at the shot it sounded like you hit her with a stick,she ran 40 yds. and fell over .she was no record book deer but with a bow,im happy!jim257

get-r-done