Originally Posted By: PistolHNTR
na... not really. not in my book... I don't see rifle hunters sawing barrels off and using open sights or really mediocre ler scopes to hunt. call it what you will. these long range specialty "pocket rifles" are not handguns in my book. And as I said....I own a few. I still don't consider them "handguns" when I hunt. I also don't see crossbows as archery equipment either...

Yeah when I think of handguns I think revolver or semi auto like glocks and 1911, I would just assume use a rifle at this point.

However, since it doesn't have a butt to shoulder it is a handgun, whether it's your flavor or not and why knock or try to down grade what the OP likes? it's his gun and if the guy likes it then why does it matter to you? does his bolt action handgun threaten you or your hunting?

I'm also a traditional archer and in my opinion a compounds and defiantly crossbows are a lower level of archery as they require almost zero skill to shoot, but that doesn't mean they arnt archery tackle and if a guy likes what he is shooting then more power to him.

What makes your opinion gospel? Don't be a elitist, just be happy for the guy that he is happy.

Last edited by Sam86; 10/01/2015 2:02 PM.