I've got a Ruger Old Army that I worked up some loads for last year, but never got an opportunity to light one off while hunting. I hope to get one or two with it this year....

I've also got an OM Ruger Super Blackhawk that I purchased for a project gun, but haven't done anything with it yet.

I just received some new powder coated cast hollowpoint bullets that I'm anxious to try, as well. My intent was to use them in my 4 3/4" FA 44mag, but the shoulder is a tad to high on them and they won't chamber in the FA. So, I pulled out the OM Super Blackhawk...they fit fine in it.

...and it should be good enough for whitetail. I'm not crazy about the sights, but that'll get taken care of when it heads to the chop shop. First five round I've fired through this gun since I've had it; not bad for a 42 year old gun and the first load I've worked up for it. It's gonna take some time getting use to a plowhandle grip after shoot'n FA's and Bisley for so long.

Last edited by KRal; 10/14/2015 1:59 PM.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.