Originally Posted By: Darrell H
Congrats Boot! What load are you using these days? It's hard to tell from the photo, but are you still running the fastfire on the Blackhawk? Good to see you back in action!

Hey Darrell, yes, I'm using the Fastfire 3, I just love that little sight and can't seem to warm up to the tube style red dots. Sorry for the cruddy pic on the post. I can't figure out how to size them correctly so they are clear on the forum posts. (I'll never be accused of being computer literate) The clear pic is on the bragging board, along with a couple I added of entrance/exit wounds. I'm shooting a load that my son-in-law worked up for me, as I haven't had time to load anything in a long while. It was a 240gr XTP, in new nickel starline brass, over 23.5gr of H110 with a CCI mag primer. Not quite a max load, but they just all go thru the same ragged hole at 25y. By far, the most accurate load I've tried yet. The doe was quartering HARD towards me, and was about to step into the woods again, so I made the best of the opportunity that she presented. The XTP entered just to the inside of her right front shoulder, and exited about half way back on the left side of her ribcage. Exit wound was nearly an inch. I was impressed to say the least. Somehow, I got super lucky, never hit any guts and had zero meat loss. Her lungs were completely destroyed and she fell DRT at the shot. Thanks for all the kind words guys. It feels good to have some time again, to hunt, and post here, and enjoy everything those bring about.