Well, I cured my many year issue with my Colt 1911's and the Super and Rowland. I have been fighting primer flow/blanking issues at what should be about 30K pressures. After studying the Glock Talk long thread, I realized that it looked safe to experiment with "standard" 45 acp brass. I did more research on using small primer pocket acp brass. Turns out RWS makes extremely nice brass, with small primer pockets. I recently tested this brass at 45 Super levels, and what are low Rowland, with small pistol magnum primers, and small rifle.

With both the small pistol magnum and small rifle, I got the cratering and blanking to stop, with the small rifle showing zero signs. Velocities with the same powder charges were almost exactly the same averages as large pistol primer, with the same powder charges using Longshot. But, my extreme spreads were cut almost in half, over using large pistol. Still need to evaluate the accuracy side, but that may be a while, as winter has arrived here. FWIW.

Bob, I think you are first person I have seen with a post on the 625 converted to Rowland. When I got mine (625), I did some measuring on the cylinder wall thicknesses and the net material in the bottom of the bolt notches, and decided that while I might not blow a cylinder with full on Rowland pressures in Super brass, I would be terrified of blowing a notch, every time I pulled the trigger. Per my results above, I am going to step up the Supers in my 1911 a tad, but no way in my 625.

45BBH, the Super is actually much more popular than it was 15 years ago, about the time I started with the Rowland. Back then, it would not have even been noted in a thread discussing the Rowland. Today, I am not sure anyone could do any research on higher pressure 45's and not see it noted, for consideration. My feeling is that the 45 Super is only going to get more popular, with time.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred