RT,

With the 1911, you can use the external hammer and compression to retard slide velocity. Not so, with a striker fired gun. That leaves you with recoil spring/assembly, slide weight and barrel compensation.

Don't know whether anyone is doing threaded aftermarket barrels, but one with a comp would be the most helpful. A heavier weighted RSA is a must, to at least get you started. Been playing with a Glock 41 myself, and the consensus and what I have witnessed is that with my Glock, I can easily and readily see impacts with the polymer frame abuttment point, where the slide impacts. With my 41, a heavier spring gets me to mid-level Super. It takes the comp to go low Rowland.

If anyone makes a shock buffer for the XDM, that might help, as a disposable, to help the frame. I tried this in my 1911's with the Rowlands, but they got chewed up very quickly.

There used to be a Rowland discussion board, and I do remember some talk of "what about the XDM for the Rowland". If that is still around, there might be some thoughts.

And I guess my last thought is about case support. If you are going to run with the stock barrel, the case support, or lack thereof might be your limiter.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred