Yeah Dewayne, I thought about doing the conversion on the TRP, but I just can't bring myself to do it. As you know, that 1911 is my baby. It is my everyday carry gun, and the one I am most confident in. I don't want to change a thing on that gun. If bad guys come in the house, that TRP is the first thing I'm grabbing, and the last thing they will see on this earth, other than the flash that comes out of the end of it.

I've really considered the 460R conversion, but the 45 Super will be plenty for what I need to do down here in the lower 48. Maybe I'll look at getting another 1911, and do the conversion to it. From what Craig said, I don't think I want to beat up my XDM that much. It's a sweet shooter as well, and I don't want to ruin that. I was hoping for an easier transition, but expecting the worst.

During a recent phone conversation, Rod was telling me of a gentleman in Alaska that was doing the conversions, then selling the gun already completed. Might see if I can track that fellow down too.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Raptortrapper; 04/30/2016 5:40 AM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.