Passive-agressiveness, my favorite!

Say what you want about high fence ranches, I can take it. It's not something I do very often and I don't think anyone present is under any illusion that it was something it wasn't. Contrary to what 'some' might think, this wasn't shooting cows in a pasture but it wasn't chasing Cape buffalo through the brush either, which was kinda the point. That said, there were no stunts involved. No one was using marginal equipment and A LOT of work went into choosing guns and loads. All those present used proper tools and shots were placed carefully. There wasn't a Fudd in the crowd, it could've been a shooting clinic. Every critter taken was mortally wounded on the first shot.

Outside my box of familiarity??? Gimme a break, this is not closed-mindedness, thank you very much. The idea that the .357 is a 50yd deer gun at best didn't come from rifle hunters, armchair quarterbacks or internet speculators. It came from those who tried and discovered its shortcomings. Getting another 200fps out of the cartridge with a long barrel, which essentially duplicates original ballistics, would get you to 100yds with a well placed shot. The .357 requires velocity to work because it needs expansion to be effective. It's not about ability, it's strictly a question of terminal ballistics. Making the shot is only part of the equation. You can't push a shot well beyond the point where the bullet will do what you need it to do to insure a clean kill. This is where responsibility and ethics come in. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Hunting with a portable rest and a cartoonish revolver is a personal choice and that is fine. This is something else entirely. Sorry but I'll never relent on the fact that pushing the cartridge to 200yds is an irresponsible stunt.

I also wholeheartedly reject the direction our nation is going with the attitude that "anything goes" and that it's somehow wrong to point out what is wrong, outside the parameters of political correctness. Or that it is a requirement of friendship that you defend a friend's bad behavior. We've seen that a time or two. Sorry but that's not how I operate. If Chris and Ernie cannot handle the dissent, then they shouldn't post about shooting game animals at +200yds with a .357Mag.

Same goes for the guys shooting elk at 1400yds with rifles.