Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: jwp475

Phil Shoemaker, killed a charging 900 pound brown bear with a 9mm all body shots with 147 grain hard cast Bullets.

The bear wasn't "charging", he was standing still in front of one of his clients when the shooting started.

I got this reply from Phil,

Originally Posted By: 458Win
I havn't written up my story and the one the NRA published was not written by me, although it was written like it was. Scott Olmstead called me after I had written Tim Sundles about how the ammo had performed and asked me a couple questions, which I answered and then I sent him two photos.
It was a fairly accurate report though.

I don't know how many bear charges the guy you are argueing with has ever been involved in but the bear seemed to be agressive when we startled it in the heavy brush, it circled around downwind and then most definately charged !!!! It soundls like the guy is saying that since it had stopped it wasn't charging ? So once it is mauling you the charge has stopped ?

What difference does it make ? A big boar had circled, charged and was literally standing over my clients and highly agitated.