Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey

top photo shows my 7-08 Dominator while bottom photo shows my special order 30-30 Dominator......the recent top photo shows all the different caliber conversion kits I can install on the same Colt frame....7-08 - 22lr - 10mm - 45acp - 45acp carbine. The Dominator always fascinated me from the first time I looked at Pachmyer`s catalog when it was released. Went and bought their video with Hal Swiggett hunting rams at a California ranch and then called and had them make me a special order in 30-30. Used it many years ago to shoot whitetail. A special needs handgun hunter asked to buy it and I sold.... Ran into a 7-08 Dominator kit from a guy in Texas and bought it because I was sorry I let the first one go. Nosler factory 120gr BT ammo is accurate and fairly easy to shoot. No need for heavier bullet weight on medium size game....I wrote a short member article last August titled "Double Duty Handguns" which was a take off on an old Wiley Clapp article of the same name. I describe the Dominator and other double duty handguns......

Seriously some cool stuff there!

Ernie the Un-Tactical