Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Whitworth] #176546 12/19/2016 3:23 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i hope our handgunning hunting doesn't go like traditional bowhunting did. that gets factioned off into camps that hate each other based on broadheads, arrow shafts, bows, etc. thank the lord that industry keeps itself going based on the companies that produce investing heavily. the traditional archery side eats itself and i do see lots of that in this at times, but i feel it can go either way. we need good exciting articles that detail hunts and the excitement hunting with a pistol provided.

i say this because i still get bewildered looks by people when they say "your daughter killed a black bear with a 44 magnum! I didn't know a 44 could kill a bear." this sentiment from active and avid hunters means the industry in print and tv is failing handgun hunting so a big kudos to those who write and produce, but the rest of us have some writing to editors and some support to start giving.

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: tradmark] #176548 12/19/2016 6:06 PM
Craig44 Offline
addict
addict
I have to ask, what exactly are they complaining about? I want to write to Roy (and hope it goes better than when I wrote to Hopkins) but would like to know exactly what we're up against. Is it Glockophile millennials that have a problem with hunting in general?

One thing that baffles me is the disconnect that seems to exist between shooting and hunting. Case in point was when 3-gun champ Teran Butler did an interview on some TV show where he said he wasn't a hunter. That he "wasn't into gore". What the hell does that mean? He thinks we hunt because we love blood & guts? Clueless.

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Craig44] #176549 12/19/2016 6:09 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
good point craig, and he's doing 3 gun for what reason exactly....is to be good at these "not peaceful use" guns for a lack of blood and guts? the hypocrisy is so rife it's nauseating. this has been and appears to be continuing into one that eats itself so to speak.

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: tradmark] #176586 12/20/2016 11:58 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I too would love to know what these folks are whining about specifically. Can you tell us Mark?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Whitworth] #176588 12/20/2016 1:11 PM
Mark Hampton Offline
old hand
old hand
Max, Roy Huntington (editor) shared with me some were complaining -- and dropping their subscription due to the Dangerous Game piece. Roy did not go in to details specifically -- he probably wanted to spare me. A photo of anything other than whitetail will generate a few negative responses. Again, it's difficult for me to understand people getting upset with any hunting article in a gun magazine. This ain't Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

At this time we're in good shape. Roy has received considerable support and will be publishing some of the comments in the next couple of issues. I am thankful for all of those who took the time to drop an email -- and Roy stands on firm ground.

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Mark Hampton] #176591 12/20/2016 1:46 PM
magman Offline
old hand
old hand
Maybe I'll subscribe again. Used to be a subcriber but got tired of all the tacticool junk.

NRA LIFE MEMBER NAHC LIFE MEMBER
Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Mark Hampton] #176595 12/20/2016 2:41 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
Max, Roy Huntington (editor) shared with me some were complaining -- and dropping their subscription due to the Dangerous Game piece. Roy did not go in to details specifically -- he probably wanted to spare me. A photo of anything other than whitetail will generate a few negative responses. Again, it's difficult for me to understand people getting upset with any hunting article in a gun magazine. This ain't Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

At this time we're in good shape. Roy has received considerable support and will be publishing some of the comments in the next couple of issues. I am thankful for all of those who took the time to drop an email -- and Roy stands on firm ground.

Mark, can you PM me Roy's email address? Thanks a bunch!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Mark Hampton article [Re: Whitworth] #176597 12/20/2016 2:58 PM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I haven't been here for a little while; finally checked back in.

First off let me say: Good Job, Mark!

Secondly, the replies here are right on; I have fought the uphill battle for years, including the legislation/changing hunting laws aspect, as well as from feedback on my handgun hunting video.

Keep up the e-mails and positive teachings/examples, gents!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 66 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod