Yes, SILLY THINGS.........some of the posts in this thread are thoughtless and very obtuse to say the least. I realize that some people can in fact build their own firearms, but most people that enjoy precision shooting with a handgun or a rifle do not have the means to build their own personal custom builds . I myself do not have the knowledge to build them, my knowledge is within the medical industry and that's that, so building personal firearms is out and I gladly pay to have a precision works of art built to my specification. And you are wrong, not everyone can take a 700 or 40x or stiller, badger, defiance ect. and build a firearm. Especially when I know that the Custom Shop is doing all such work on CNC equipment. There is a talent within the Custom world no matter what the word custom is being referred too. You taking a barrel that is short chambered and pre threaded is not in any way shape or form CUSTOM...... Say what you want here but the fact that Custom firearm builders exist trumps your OBTUSE theroy you have about the industry...........