My wife went hunting this afternoon on the same property I hunted the other evening. She called me at 3:30 and said she was going to the woods. She said she didn't want to sit on the same green field she had been. About the same time a friend of mine called me and I asked if he wanted to go hunting close to home and he said sure. I left work to unlock the gate for my friend. As I was getting out of the truck to unlock the gate my wife passed by, called me on the cell phone and asked if I would lock the gate behind her. She was going in another gate about a mile away. I said sure and told her where I would set up if I was hunting there this evening. She was going to hunt with my G2 7x30 Waters. I wanted a close shot for her so I sent her to an area with a small food plot that I bow hunt.

I got my friend situated, drove around locked the gate for my wife and went back to work. I was getting ready to leave work when my cell phone rang, it was my wife she had just shot a big doe. It took me 10 min to get there from work (sure is nice to have a place to hunt that boarders the city limits of montgomery). While I was driving she called and said she had blood. I called another friend of mine and he was close so he met me at the gate. As I was driving in there was a buck standing in the road 50 yards from her vehicle. I drove to her and she said I have good blood here, spots here, but she didn't want to track it into the thick stuff. My friend and I picked up the blood trail and then it got so thick I knew the lay of the land and circled around to see If I could pick up the blood trail. I didn't find any blood so I started crawling in the thick stuff looking for blood. I crawled to the deer. She thought it was a doe and it turned out to be a 135# spike. that was awsome she was pumped her first with a handgun. She told me when she called me the first time she knew it was a hit because it kicked like a mule. The shot broke the right front shoulder and exited the left side. The exit wound was only about the size of a pencil, but he only went 30 yards. The shot was about 40 yards and she shot perfect.

While I was looking for her deer my other friend who was hunting called to say he had a 2 1/2 year old buck chasing a doe in the fiels 30 yards in front of him and he didn't want to spook them. He waited until dark before he came out.

On the way home another friend called and asked what I was doing and I told him I was taking my wifes deer to the procesor and he asked if I went hunting this evening, I told him no, she went by herself. He can't believe it.

pound for pound she's ahead of me this season for meat in the freezer. She has her deer this evening and all I have is a ton of goose, duck, and quail in th freezer now.

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005