Seems like I'm always complaining about scopes but there are times when my old eyes need some help. Last year my 4X Leupld cost me a nice 4X4 muley that I could have killed easily with iron sights. He just kept getting closer & I could not keep him in the scope without it blacking out on me. It was actually my fault.
Three year ago I had an new Ultra Dot on one of my 41's & a decent buck came past me going as fast as I've ever seen a buck run. My grandson had just killed his buddy! If I would have had iron sights I could have hit him with every shot. Again, this was my fault not the scope. I don't use them enough! A practiced shooter would have killed both deer.
I've started packing both, my cross draw gun is the one I hope to use & the one sticking out of my back pack is my scoped back up gun in case things get stretched out a bit.
I "heard" the 2 1/2X8 Leupld had been discontinued, not sure if that's true. Two weeks ago I shot my mule deer doe with the Ruger 357 Maximum with the scope set on 3X & I shot the antelope with the same scope set on 5X.

Dick