My Bisley Hunter was basically pretty nice cosmetically, but had a LOT of creep in the trigger and had a wide .011" BC gap.

I put a Bowen rear sight on it and a lighter trigger return spring(which seemed to amplify the creep). It was reasonably accurate, but not a tack driver.

After shooting a 14 point buck my first year hunting with it I decided to send it to David Clements for a trigger/action job, a Belt Mountain pin, had the barrel set back to close the BC gap, re cut the forcing cone and crown and a free spin pawl. He also made a new front sight from a Bowen blank and a few other things to sort it out.

Accuracy was still not amazing, and I bought a set of pin gauges and found that it had a slight constriction under the screw hole for the ejector housing or the front sight (not sure which), and a .0015 or more constriction at the threads.

Lots of fire lapping rounds later, accuracy is MUCH improved (4" at 100 yards with my hunting load).

Then earlier this year I sent the grip frame to Jack Huntington with two drawings of my hand for some grips and his frame modification. The gun shoots much 'softer' now, and is easier to get a consistent comfortable hold of.

The gun is finally starting to come around and I even like it a little now (insert sarcastic grin).

I wouldn't have stuck with it this long and put as much time and money into it if I didn't really like the overall concept of the Bisley Hunter.

It has been worth it to me, it's just too bad they don't come out of the box a little nicer on a consistent basis.

The New Vaquero 45 I bought a year before the Hunter had a simply wonderful trigger and tight BC gap and a great overall finish right off the bat which gave me high expectations for the Hunter, though the Vaquero throats needed reaming.