My definition of "boar magic" is: "the euphoric feeling that one experiences when hunting a wild boar"...Have to admit, that going by my own meaning of "boar magic", I`am addicted..... My most recent "fix" came while sitting, back against tree, and at some 80 or so yards and I see two decent (read as close to two hundred) boar trotting along. While this is happening I have my "Master Blaster", AKA Freedom model 83 in 41mag loaded with JT`s ground shaking 210gr XTP handload, along with its Burris crosshair tracking boar #1.... Never stopped moving.... Never pulled the trigger... An easy five minutes passed when, along the same trail at the same distance, boar #3 is moving exactly as the previous two, however, he decides to stop and sniff....Barrel rested on short cross sticks, hands rested on knees, scope set to 5X, followed with a slow trigger squeeze...
WAMP is the sound that echoes back as the big black looks as if he`s lost and going in circles... After standing I set the FA`s down and draw a S&W 657 loaded with another 210gr XTP handload moving the bullet more to the MV of a factory 41 mag... A shot hits the hind quarter but was not needed as he collapsed with lights out... No .22 finish shot needed....Another good performance by Hornady with the recovered 210gr XTP weighing 191.2 grains dropping 18.8 grains.... I`ve included a past photo of a boars heart and ask you to imagine a good chunk missing from the center, which is what how the XTP performed.... Live weight was 290lbs. so it would be pure magic to pull him out of a hat......

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"