I've been known in the past for shooting a few groundhogs. Went 7 of 8 years taking over 500 with multiple handguns with the best being 636!
Those days are gone. Now 200 kills is the benchmark. Reached another benchmark this year.

Something else cool happened this year. In the past most of my shooting was in large fields. Between me an the Pa coyotes that moved here that kind of shooting doesn't exit. I have to search fence rows, abandoned houses and barns. But, I've had one ace up my sleeve. About 8 years ago I met the local airport manager and convinced him I could take care of all the groundhogs I've seen on the property. First year I took around 100. Every year has been a little less. This year he told me I wasn't doing enough! He gave me total access to the airport property, not restricted like before.
Now I could drive or walk anywhere except the main runway. Taxiways were OK. I hit 'em hard this year. I was close to a lot of houses and had gotten some noise complaints. Sooo, it was subsonic time. I tuned my suppressed .300 Whisper and SSK suppressed Ruger MkIII ( the Quiet Gun). Did about 15 with the Whisper, but found I could sneak around and get reasonable distances from the 'hogs.
My year's total everywhere was 239. I started taking 'hogs from 50- 85 yards with regularity with the Quiet Gun. I secretly set a goal for myself and I finally achieved it. The following photo with all the blood down the side of the 'hog was due to a hit at the carotid artery at 101 yards!! That also was ground # 101 this year with my Quiet Gun. For the first time ever my kills with revolvers and autos exceeded my long gun kill!. Yahoo!!

Last edited by wvhitman; 10/20/2017 12:31 AM.