Lots of others know way more then me, but here are a few of my observations after having recently purchased a Savage Striker from a guy on the forum here.

Break open guns are lighter and shorter in all dimensions because you don't need the bolt action/apparatus.

They can all be extremely accurate, but it probably takes more time and effort and some more specialized knowledge to tune and get proficient with a break open action as they are just different then bolt guns. You completely reset your grip, the rest and such with each shot when you reload. I picked up the striker and shot a couple ~1 inch groups at 100 yards. It takes more work and practice to do that consistently with a contender. I think a lot is that the forarm being attached to the barrel so it isn't floating. Forarm pressure on the bipod/sandbag/rest makes a big difference. I would give the bolt guns the edge on accuracy (also helps that they are heavier and tend not to move as much).

Bolt guns have a stronger action and can handle higher power loads. As strong as Encore is, there is still a limit to what can be chambered in them. You don't see a lot of folks shooting 1000 yards with contenders.

In the end, they all go bang when you pull the trigger and work well for different hunting styles. It will be interesting to read other's comments here. This isn't discussed as much here as the revolver/straight wall cartridge vs single shot/rifle cartridge discussion.