Thanks Tigger
I did a google & purchased new one for $2.50 that you mentioned just before you posted

Mark, it really is a beautiful place to live.

MePlat, when I was shooting the hardcast out of it before I "knew better" I was shooting 320s @ around 2000. Cast Performance said they don't recomend anything over about 1500 fps with a plain base. 1600 might work fine though.

Recoil, the problem is the possibility of the gas-checks coming off & lodging in the brake, & then the next round building exxcesice pressure. I had never even considered this until I had a GC come off & take out my chronograph. I mentioned that to the brake maker & that's when he told me the GCs were a no-no. The odds of it happening might be mighty slim, but I guess from a liability standpoint I can understand his instructions.
I might talk to Cast Performance & see if they "guarantee" their GCs not to seperate. I do like those 300-320s at 2000-2100 fps.

Came up with another possible bullet chopice from Speer.
Their #4463 300gr SP. Their tech guy described it this way. "The 300 gr was made for the guy who wanted "Hard-Cast" performance from a jacketed bullet.".
I think I'll pick up a box & try them.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains & collective years of experience guys.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."