I helped a good friend set up a G40 for deer hunting a couple years ago. We were getting 1550 fps from the Buffalo Barnes 155 gn load with a 6.5" barrel. Off a rest, it would group 2 inches at 50 yards. you could easily recreate this with a G20 and aftermarket barrel, or just settle for lower velocity with a G20 barrel.
(here is what i was shooting so you can read specs and check velocities https://www.midwayusa.com/product/634566...-free-box-of-20 Manufacturer website also has more velocity details.)

He has yet to connect with a deer, but would be comfortable up to 50 yards (with red-dot).

With the right bullet choice, the 10mm will work well. Before I jumped into the 10mm and G20, I would make sure to try the G20 with some full power 10mm loads. Most of the 10mm ammo easily available in a store today is loaded down from full potential.

I would say that based on the factory loads i've looked at, the 10mm has definitely has the advantage in energy/velocity/weight.

I never liked the glock trigger so I would look at a different platform, but that is a personal decision. IMHO, I think it could be a 100 yard deer setup with a different trigger.