The best heavy revolver gloves that I have found were the Blackhawk Firestorm Gloves. They feature pads on the front of the fingers, waterproof Pittard leather; Fire resistant, and Kevlar reinforced construction. I bought two styles after seeing these at the SHOT Show a few years back. One has the wrist strap, and the other is elastic wrist (which I use 90% of the time). I think this one is called the Hellstorm. These gloves were developed for the U.S. Military, so the leather is thinned on the trigger finger, with skived cut lines to enable you to cut the trigger finger back if you so choose (I did not). They will definitely solve the problem of getting your hands beat up by the handgun, or scorched by the cylinder gap blast. Over the past four years, I have shot .454 Casull, 45/70 Govt. and .480 Ruger revolvers, plus heavy caliber Encores, 45/70 Contenders etc. using mine with no rips or tears. Not cheap at $60 per copy last time I looked, but definitely worth the money. Unfortunately, these gloves were discontinued when Blackhawk was purchased. I am sure someone else is making a comparable glove, I just have not found it. Sportsman's Guide Military Catalog might be a good place to look,.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
Patron Member NRA;
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA