Lets Think a Minute.

I need to work with a new 30-30AI barrel for my brother's Contender. Load work and bullet testing. I have it put together and 50 rounds fire formed. Now I need to start loading and shooting.

I plan to revisit my brothers 7-30 Waters Super 14 barrel. Try out some new bullets that are still made. About all of the original bullets we worked up loads with 20 some years ago are no longer made. I may also try out some newer powders.

I have new Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10 X 50mm Rifle Scopes on my 260 Rem, and 7.62x53R Encore Barrels. I need to give both a workout and get Drop Charts made for them both. I have a third scope still in the box for the 356 Winchester barrel that I have on order from MGM.

I will need to work up loads for the 356 Winchester barrel when I get it. I currently have 60 rounds of 356 and 50 rounds of 307 brass to work with.

I plan to do some bullet testing to determine exactly how they compare in expansion and penetration. I have some of the Fury .358 bullets in both 158 and 180 to test, as well as the 200 FTX, and 180 Speer FP in 35. I also want to work with .308 bullets like the 125 BT,150 BT, 135 FTX, 125 FP, and possibly others. Then I will look at the 6.5's in both my 6.5X30 JDJ and 260 Rem.

I just started shooting Steel Challenge. I am planning on shooting Rimfire Handgun Iron Sight with my S&W 617, and Revolver Iron Sight with my GP100. I am getting my gear all sorted out for that game.

I just completed swapping scopes and UltraDots around on all of my single shot handgun barrels. Adding a couple rifle scopes freed up a couple newer 2-7 Burris handgun scopes. I ended up moving my optics around to better cover everything.

I also just completed sorting all of my brass cases. Between what I have fired and range pick up, that was a couple 5 gallon buckets of brass that I have now sorted out. Tractor Supply has me about 6 more Gamma Seal Lids on order to store sorted brass in 5 gallon buckets. I load for 38 Special, 357 Max, 40/10, 44, 45 GAP, 45acp, 480, not counting specialty handgun and rifle calibers. I also have sorted shotgun hulls. I need to locate some trash cans 27" tall to put hulls and wads in under the bench.

I desperately need to clean the shop out also.

Catching up on reloading was mentioned above. I am not sure if this is possible. I am busier retired than when working full time.

I have a couple of Ladder Stands that need rebuilt with tubing added to support the plywood top. I am putting bigger tops on the newer stands as I rebuild them. I also have the tubing added to a newly bought stand that I need to revisit and add a second contact point to anchor it to the tree. I do not plan on using the single contact point stand as is, I do not trust one strap.

I also have all the parts fabricated to put a roof on the wife's tower stand. That will make it a lot nicer and allow blocking the sun off the back of the scope in the evening.

I did not realize that I had so many ongoing projects.

Bob R

See You At The Range