Well I got started. I did round one of load development for the 30-30AI using the newer Hornady 135 FTX bullets. I got them into the 2500 fps range with H4198 with Kyode's help.

On the Steel Challenge Project. While not working on my personal equipment yesterday we did make progress on the match. I have heavy equipment on site building a Fourth Handgun Bay. They got in 6 hours yesterday, and it is looking good. No shelf rock so far on the Right side of the bay.
I have one of our welder fabricators coming to the Range this afternoon to start adding angle iron shields to the steel challenge target bases. This will let us leave the bases out Staked Down in position without worrying about bullet strikes to the base locking the 2x4 vertical posts to the base.

Not mentioned on my list was Sporting Clays. Last Fall I had our same Contractor out to open up the Stations which are in the woods. We pulled all the target throwers so they were out of the road for the dozer work. We put them back out and had our first Sporting Clays shoot of 2019 last Sunday afternoon. Yesterday I was on the Course doing a little more fine tuning to equipment. I still need to reseed the work areas. Per one of out shooters we are supposed to have more electric throwers donated to the range this year. We have a pretty good 4-H program that gets support from other organizations.

My 260 Encore "Zero the new scope project" should happen in a couple days. I have 14 rounds loaded with H4895 and 107 SMK bullets. My first round of testing with the 107 SMK I was using RL15 powder. I am pretty much just playing with these bullets using them up on the Range. I will more than likely go to 120's when I get serious with it.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 03/20/2019 12:48 PM.

See You At The Range