Last week my new 10" .357 Magnum barrel from MGM arrived. The tube is Full Bull and threaded for a 6 hole base. The idea was to have a short, hefty, and handy barrel - something easy to maneuver in a climbing stand 25 feet up. I got exactly that as the gun has great feel and balance. Why .357? ... because I didnt have one and everyone should!

I did the break-in per MGM's instructions and sighted the gun yesterday. 14.5 grains of 2400 under a 158 Grain XTP yielded very good accuracy. The load came in at an average of 1513 FPS from the 10" tube. While I'll probably experiment with some different bullets based on my other thread, this load will be a keeper. Recoil is light, but has enough thump to let you know there's horsepower under the hood. Overall, I like it and feel this combination can be "Whitetail Nightmare" here in SW Alabama.

This picture gives you as good a representation as I can of the SeeAllNite reticle. The sight is tritium lit and the reticle does glow in total darkness. I've had this sight for a couple of years. Initially it was going on my Glock20, but that never panned out. It's been waiting on a donor and now has a home.

The sight isnt for everyone. Some would flat-out hate the thing, but it works for me and I like it. RMR size, no batteries, low light capable, and accurate. Put what needs shooting on the top of the vertical post and squeeze the trigger. One cannot see the whole target (like iron sights), but the thing just works and is well built and tough. I'd also add that the sight comes well-packaged and with everything needed to install and adjust the W&E.

So there you go ... a basic review of my new MGM barrel and SeeAllNite sight.

P

Last edited by PsTaN; 03/25/2019 11:14 PM.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
-Encore Pro Hunter

"Hold your horses, the elephants are coming, and out stamped Alabama"