Originally Posted By: Jeff460
I would say gain-twist rifling on the 460 S&W could be equated to a free-bore type run and, after speaking with Cylinder and Slide, I am certain my own 460 S&W revolver has a modest .005 barrel-cylinder gap. Ralph goes over and measures everything when charged to do anything to your firearm. That is how he found the excessive barrel-cylinder gap on my 500 S&W that he was also working on for me along with the 460. He called me when he discovered it on my 500 and we talked over the options. I am very happy with Cylinder and Slide and they stand behind any work they do with their lifetime warranty. You cannot beat the service or the results.

Jeff I gotta say, I'm surprised that Cylinder and Slide only reduced your gap down to .005. Maybe that's as far as they could go due to pistol design but my standard Smith has a gap of only .004. My BFR is .002 at the most.

I'd really be interested in any chronograph tests you do if you ever do. Only as a truly interested and geeked out performance guy.

Cylinder gap and what 45man and Tradmark mention about 'Freebore' has my mind spinning right now.

The meat won't fry if the lead don't fly.