Originally Posted By: Jeff460
The reason to send any revolver or semi-auto to get more work on it is just the same as why you have a Precision Center at Magnum Research and the Performance Center at Smith and Wesson. Heck Ruger even has a custom shop. Because you seek to refine the basic working package you have and personalize it to your aesthetic and/or functional whims. And this is why gunsmith and barrel-porting professionals have job security. Because these admiral works of design deserve refinement and care. It is not about money. It is amount the goal. At least that is what I make of my experience.

Yep. And it only cost me an additional grand to get my Smith shooting like it should have straight out of the factory. But of course it's now called a BFR...

I like my smith, don't get me wrong. But Max is right, if you start with a BFR, you're starting way ahead. I do my own trigger jobs, which cost about $20 and $8 of that was shipping.

This is speaking purely from a factory performance stand-point. If you're a DA guy, then my argument is pointless.

Good discussion Jeff. Shoot straight in whatever platform you choose, brother.

The meat won't fry if the lead don't fly.