For a few years now, some members here have been experimenting with the 327 Federal Magnum. Despite its diminutive size, it has been proven to be a potent game getter in capable hands. Even deer size game have fallen to revolvers chambered in the cartridge. However, I wanted to try something different than a revolver. I wanted an Encore.

Back in March, I had saved up a bit and decided to make my decision. I went on MatchGradeMachine's custom barrel page and placed my order. After a few weeks of waiting and shopping for some other parts, I finally received everything in the mail:

What we have here is a 12" long, heavy taper contour, stainless steel barrel chambered in 327 Federal Magnum with the .311" bore. It's topped with a Nikon Force XR 2.5-8x28mm scope, held on with a Warne base and rings. It has a set of HausOfArms electric blue grip and forend.

I've got some Starline brass, H110, and 100 grain Hornady XTPs I'd like to try to test. I'm not 100% set on this bullet for deer hunting, but I'm certainly going test it out first.

You may be wondering about the aesthetic. Remember my sister's Kimber Sapphire Pro 9mm?

I wanted a change from the blued metal/black grip and forend look I've become so familiar with.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling