Pretty safe to say that I will never shoot a Cape buffalo, probably never shoot an American bison either. I've seen the effects of the 454, and rifles shooting cast, and I have hammered coyotes and jackrabbits with my setup, not hard to kill, but get to see the effect of the flat nose vs other bullet shaped. At one time I was obsessed with speed, but now in my 50s, I am obsessed with accuracy, even my 300 Win Mag doesn't work as hard. I am thankful for the bullets we have available now, even though 98% of my shooting of handguns I carry while hunting is with cast bullets, I do believe in jacketed bullets in certain situations, and while Ross Seyfried made me aware of the possibilities of the 45 Colt, and bears a lot of responsibility for why I own 4 and a FA 454, I am willing to bet that even he would use a wide punch style bullet now. I still shoot the 45-SAA bullet more than 80% of the time, as it is still the most accurate bullet I've tried other than my 325gr GC bullet from a Mountain Molds setup, I like the information I have available from you fine folks.

Last edited by AKBman; 05/19/2019 5:32 PM. Reason: Added Comments