I'm with James & Chance and assuming that the gun has acceptable accuracy.
That means the rest is up to me.
If I'm shooting groups I obviously want them as small as possible.
BUT I don't really worry about groups when it comes to establishing my max range. I want to be able to put my FIRST shot on a steel plate (I have 8" round, 8x10 rectangle, & 10" square. I think any of those is fine.) 9 out of 10 times. The max range I can do that at from field positions is my max hunting range. I will often change positions (or at least break & reestablish position) after every shot when practicing with an established -0- and load.

I used to do a lot of traditional bowhunting. When I would go to the backyard to practice I would only take one arrow so there was always a break between shots & the first (only) shot was always the one that counted. All hunting is about the first shot in the kill zone not group size.
i DO understand the importance of firearm & load accuracy as I also shoot precision rifle. Shooting tiny groups at long ranges is a blast but it's a different ball game. A gun & ammo combo that shooting at it's best will extend my max hunting range because it takes one of the variables out of that first shot.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."