wvhitman you should put together a book with all the information you have gathered on cartridges, bullets, and how they performed at various ranges. It would be a shame for that much real world experience to be lost to all of us at some point down the road. I normally harvest one or two deer a year, which is more than likely what most who read this forum do. My hunting locations pretty much limit my shooting range to 125 yards or possibly just a little further in a couple places. One or two deer a year at 75 - 100 yards average, limits my real world experience on bullet performance. Then add the fact that I pretty much always take broad side behind the shoulder "meat saver" shots, and I never recover a bullet in a deer ever. Most of my deer run a short distance and go down.
The above is what has me doing my bullet testing. It will be nice to know how some bullets compare to each other in both expansion as well as penetration. I have determined the 125 BT to be a little to fragile for the velocity of the 7.62x54R at the range I will be making a shot. Likewise the 150 BT again looked to be a little to fragile for very close shots at the velocity the 7.62x54R is capable of. I am 100% sure that the 150BT would perform much better at a slower speed and at longer range. I am also sure on a broadside rib shot it would kill a deer with no problem of it getting away wounded. Just very likely no exit hole.

I hope to do more testing with the 30-30AI, 7-30 Waters, 6.5-30JDJ, 35 Bullberry, and 357 Maximum in the future.

Bob R

See You At The Range