Originally Posted By: Whitworth
The .475 load data is on the conservative side. If you really want to make the .500 JRH run, you need to step it up more.

Max,

No doubt the 500 JRH has way more potential than what I personally need or want.

My lifetime hunting plans don?t warrant going after any critters bigger than a Nebraska whitetail deer or pronghorn. Still have 12 years till retirement and 2 kids in college. Maybe someday a hog hunt down south.

For me it?s about being practical. Time is precious in my life and the less time I spend trimming brass, the more time I have to shoot.

I?m also a tightwad when it comes to shooting. I?ll develop a hunting load and shoot 10 rounds every month. However, the rest of shooting is dedicated to low pressure, mild recoil, bunny loads no matter what gun I?m shooting.

Plan on casting my own bullets this winter for both the 475 Linebaugh and 500 JRH/500 Special. Great winter time project when the weather won?t cooperate.

Shooting technique is more important than developing a love hate relationship with a revolver.