I hunt with Glocks quite a bit. I don't have problems killing deer with them but I practice with them a lot. I only take good percentage shots. For your practice may I suggest cutting a cardboard life size deer target. Use a sharpy and draw in the vitals. Using what ever kind of shooting stick you will hunt with start out at 10 yards. If you can put 3 shots in 2" in the vitals back up 5 yards and do it again. If you can out 3 shots in 2" at 15 back up again another 5 yards. Continue to do this until you can't consistently put 3 shots in 2". Scoot back up to the range that you last did it. Practice from that distance each day around 20 shots then scoot back and see if your groups improve at the distance that you lost your ability to shoot consistently.

The more you do this the better you will get. As far as marginal power I have found that anything that runs at least 500ftlbs is sufficient on broadside shots with proper bullets.

If you are having trouble with the factory trigger there are numerous options for the Glocks. If you are not comfortable setting up a Glock trigger I am sure there is a local gun smith that can help. I run my Glock hunting triggers between 2.2 and 3.5 pounds depending on the gun.

I am sure nearly everyone on this forum has missed at one time or another. It happens. Don't let it get you down. Good luck in the future. This doe was shot at 41 yards with a 40 S&W. No problem and no tracking.

Shot at 71 yards with a 40.

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....