Rey, I've used the 400 Sierras only on groundhogs and deer. They do awesome damage on deer, especially when you do a double shoulder shot. I've used it on deer out to 120/130. You being in TX, I wouldn't hesitate to do a TX heart shot on any of the animals you mentioned. Very unlikely you'd recover one! If you want to get really brutal on deer size game try 350 gr. Sierra HPs. Damage is beyond ugly. Stay away from bones.
DryCreek, the PSR is beyond awesome. I'm making shots now in terrain where I couldn't lay down and use my backpack. I've carried in on 100% of my out of state hunts plus Africa making shots I just dreamed about in the past. I have several PSRs. They have a weak spot in their manufacture. Broke one. It was fixed by a friend that made it as stable as concrete. I use it 100% in WV 7 my others on out of state/country hunts. Best shot I ever made off it was on perfectly flat ground on crop damage deer at 587 yds. Thought I missed it due to recoil hiding the deer. I about swallowed my tongue when the deer was laying exactly where it stood (6.5/.284 Encore, 143 gr. ELD-X.
James, same binos. They're so good I have a backup pair I got new at half price!! I love all my Taurus'- .41, .454, .500. THey usually get a bad name, but mine shoot great and have been very dependable.
Franchise, you da man for getting me those Platinums and Woodleighs. I've been looking like crazy for more and can't find any. Sexy bullet and should perform like crazy on big stuff being that they are Black Talons in disguise. Thanks.

Last edited by wvhitman; 04/01/2020 11:58 PM.