It's deer season! (crop damage permits). Corn's growing, getting tall. Lots of weeds, marshes, creeks around the corn. The first few deer I shot ran a little with good hits from my 6.5/.284 XP.
I got to thinking about how I could improve my stopping power.
I bought some .375 260 Nosler BTs from someone. They worked very good years ago. Figured I'd try them again. Only problem was the deer I was seeing were out there a ways. Here's my latest one
http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/data/500/DSC01318.JPG
Notice the nice, big exit. He was quartering away a little. I hit dead center the opposite shoulder. The insides were gruesome.
This was not the first deer I did with the 260 this month. All were shot from 275 yds. to this one at 333 yds. with my 3-12 BPlex scope.
A friend goes with me to help a little on the cleaning. After the first deer shot at 275 which was thrown down, my friend said each day I needed to use the "Big Boy". After 11 one shot kills, all dropping in their tracks, I've tended to agree with him. The "Big Boy" is an awesome gun. One shot kills on Alaska moose, Shiras moose, 5000# hippo. I love having an edge. Big Boy has done it.