On the use of a rifle scope. I looked at lots of rifle scopes before I found one with enough eye relief that I was impressed enough to give it a serious try for a primary hunting scope.
The Weaver Classic Extreme scopes on the lower power settings work for me. They are rated at FOUR Inches of eye relief on the lowest power settings. I can back off the scope I would guess Eight to Ten Inches and still keep the cross hairs on target.
The Grand Slam I believe is the replacement for the Classic Extreme. It is rated with only Three and a Half Inches of eye relief on the lowest power setting. I have not had my hands on one so far to see how well one might work. The Classic Extreme scopes are pretty much all sold out now.

I have 2.5-10X Classic Extreme scopes on my 260 Remington, 7.62x54R, and 356 Winchester Encore Barrels set up for Deer hunting. The 8-32X Classic Extreme is on my 223. If doing it again I might have put another 8-32X on the 260 Remington barrel instead of the 2.5-10X. On my longer shots with the 223 Remington barrel in the original post I was dialed up to 16X. The 8-32 was the last Classic Extreme scope I bought, and I did not try it out until now when they are all sold out. It is working out much better than expected.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 10/04/2020 1:10 PM.

See You At The Range