The 2-6x32 Elite 3200 Firefly scope is the first firefly scope that I have purchased. I have only used red dot sites in the past but I do own another 2x20 scope made by Swift that does not have enough eye relief for my liking. The closest that the Swift came to being used was a one day stint on my Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter...One trip to the range showed me that the Swift didn't allow me to get in to a comfortable stance while shooting. I didn't like having to pull my arms in to bring the scope closer because of the smaller eye relief. Lesson learned...The reticle on the FF is a little wider than I would like for a varmint or target rig but the 7-30 is going to be used on whitetail in ranges generally less than 100 yards. The width of the reticle will not be a factor for me. The eye relief is absolutely perfect at 20". I have pretty long arms so that is a plus. I may use the Swift in the future on a 22lr Match barrel for the Contender though so all may not be lost on that scope.

Here are a couple pics of the new gun with the scope mounted on Weaver Quad-Lock Rings and a Weaver base.

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense