Man, you are getting great advice. The wife is just jealous that you are spending more time with “that other woman” than her! LOL A big question for me is do you reload? If you do, I would load some lighe“r” 460 rounds for practice. I have been told by several people that the 45LC don’t do as well because of the gap they have before they reach the forcing cone. But from my understanding, the 454’s do pretty will. (I throw this out for comments from other users!!) As for scope, again you are getting great advice, and would stick with a nice variable scope. Just my experience and preference, but it would stick with Burris or Leupold. Great scopes.

When I was admit about shooting trodishinal archery, the best advice I ever got was to shoot 6 arrows a day, every day. I would usually shoot 12. But then it was, shoot 6 (or 12) arrows one at a time. It made a big difference in just a couple of weeks. To the point I was hitting the bottom of a coke can at 20 yards pretty constantly with a recurve! With that being said, I would invest in a set of snap caps or make them yourself AND USE THEM DAILY!! That has help my pistol shooting a lot and it is a very cheap way to improve your form and style of shooting. It will also help you call your shoots on the range, I promise.

Just my .02 cents so take it for what it is worth.

http://64.70.221.101/snapcap.html

Nice to have your here!!!!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin