Score Guy,

First and foremost, welcome to the group! And welcome to the .460 owners club as well! I have one of the 10.5" Performance Center editions of your gun, pretty much the same, with a little more barrel out in front than you do. I bought the gun to "extend my effective range" with a revolver, and the 200 gr SST factory loads from Hornady do that nicely. That projectile should serve your needs as well, but there are many choices available in the .460 line. Fortunately, the Hornady's are one of the most cost-effective, in addition to being my ballistic choice for deer and thin-skinned game in this caliber (roughly $23-28/box - cheap, considering the alternatives).

If you decide to ramp-up in bullet weight, I would definitely recommend practicing with the .454 ammo and the .45LC. Great for practice with the trigger squeeze, and easier on the wallet than the Cor-bon's, and other 460 alternatives. Will also help you adjust to the recoil and percussion difference between that and your Raging Bull. Just remember to clean the cylinders well to avoid the carbon ring that Rod discussed previously.

As for scoping, some of 460 owners on this site have gone with the red dot options, others with magnification. Again, since my initial goal was reaching out further than before, I opted for the 2.5x8 Leupold and have been completely satisfied - check out http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com for the best price I've found.

Good luck, and let us see some of those big Iowa bucks you put down this year!

Dur