Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: rupe] #33114 08/14/2008 3:14 PM
cottonstalk Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I am a red blooded AMERICAN,and as some of you I fought for this country as did many in my family before me.My simple opinion is if you don't like our country and feel you need to change it GO BACK TO YOURS!Usually there will be things that disturb me about both candidates,and I usually try to vote for the lesser of the two evils,and it is pretty obvious this time.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: cottonstalk] #33133 08/14/2008 4:55 PM
dertiedawg Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: cottonstalk
My simple opinion is if you don't like our country and feel you need to change it GO BACK TO YOURS!

I do feel a need to change this country. Change is good if for the better. I am a red blooded American too. When I was a young man right out of high school I signed up for the Marines, Hoorah baby! But 3 days before my departure I was a passenger in a car accident (going very fast) and smashed the right side of my head on the roof support (between the front and back passenger windows) and was knocked out for an hour and a half (first and only time I have been unconsious in my life, not counting drunken state). I received 15 stitches on the right side of my head. When I went to Fort Hamilton the morning I was scheduled to leave for bootcamp, I was rejected due to the accident and they said "I could have a relapse from the concussion and the military would not be responsible". They said I would have to wait a year before I could re-enlist. Found a job and a new girl and that was the end of that. Love my country. Would I change it... Hell Yeah, for the better!!

Scoped Satin Stainless 7.5in Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Mag. 50 Cal CVA Optima Black Powder Pistol
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: dertiedawg] #33143 08/14/2008 6:28 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
There is no doubt that there are changes that need to be made but can we live with the change Obamma wants? No! I for one would like to see everyone stop using the slogan "campaign rhetoric" call it like it is, campaign lies. Obamma says he supports gun ownership but his record doesn't uphold his campaign lie. They like to dance around a commitment with the caveat of "reasonable restrictions" on guns, like Chicago and D.C. A total ban is the only thing that's reasonable to them.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: Gary] #33146 08/14/2008 6:50 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
yep and if you notice he keeps talking about change but I have yet to hear any viable or specific ideas on how he's going to change anything. I have noticed on things like energy and this mess with Russia he has waited to see what McCain has had to say and then Obama has repeated it in his own vague way. The guy doesn't have an original idea in his head, he is a puppet for the far left and takes his lead from them. I don't agree with McCain on quite a few things but at least he's an independent thinker with a functioning brain. I don't know if you saw the add that Paris Hilton made as a comeback to McCains add but the sad thing is I'd vote for her before I would Obama, at least she's just a dingy blonde and would have an excuse for screwing up the country.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: wapitirod] #33153 08/14/2008 8:44 PM
cottonstalk Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I agree there need to be some changes.But I have a problem when folks from other countries come here,get a visa,work and brag about how great the country they originate from is,and how bad America is......if that is the case I think they should leave.I agree with previous talk of public hangings,sure would make people think before they acted.I think the cowboy law should be prevailent in every state,let the right to carry be a personal choice available to everyone.I would love to see our goverment return to "for the people,by the people" again these are JMHO

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: wapitirod] #33155 08/14/2008 8:50 PM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
yep and if you notice he keeps talking about change but I have yet to hear any viable or specific ideas on how he's going to change anything.

Thats the same thing "Herman Munster" was doing four years ago. He kept saying he had a plan, when asked what his plan was, he'd say "elect me and you'll see". It didn't work then, lets hope it doesn't work now.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: pab1] #33169 08/14/2008 9:29 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
Looks like I agree with the last six posts. Obama is nothing but a creation that Hollywood and the media has build up into people thinking he is some kind of a super star and he's not. He is nothing has no real expereance at anything that concerns life and death or right and wrong or what the Constitution says. His idea of change? No one know, just like Rod said, he hints about change but he never says what it is. But I know he is againest our 2nd amendment so he needs to be kept out of the White House.

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: dertiedawg] #33179 08/14/2008 11:10 PM
dertiedawg Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: dertiedawg
 Originally Posted By: cottonstalk
My simple opinion is if you don't like our country and feel you need to change it GO BACK TO YOURS!

I do feel a need to change this country. Change is good if for the better. I am a red blooded American too.

When I said that "I do feel a need to change this country", I did not mean changing by electing Obama. I think he is a fool and has no idea what he is getting himself into. It'd be a real shame for him to take office and really screw this country up!

Scoped Satin Stainless 7.5in Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Mag. 50 Cal CVA Optima Black Powder Pistol
Re: The candidates & THE issue [Re: dertiedawg] #33182 08/14/2008 11:14 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
V-O-T-E!!!!!!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 76 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod