Scott, I was hooked when I saw the 460 XVR and its what brought me to find this site. This is a great place, you'll learn alot. I'm here everyday, though I don't always post that much. For me, it was the luck of the draw because I am a huge supporter of Whitetails Unlimited. S&W partnered with them a couple of years ago and put out an XVR edition with the WTU logo on the frame and the name of each state on the barrel. I had to have one but couldn't find one until one day while window shopping I found one in my home state of Iowa's version. Needless to say I wasn't going to let it slip away. I have been shooting Hornaday 200 gr SST and mine loves them too! It really suprised me how accurate it is straight out of the box. I let a friend fire it and he too was shocked at how well he shot with it. I too found the recoil nothing more than a stout 44 Mag. I really don't want to scope it because I love the looks of it as is. I'll be chasing Iowa Whitetails with it this December. Not sure yet what I will call my maximum distance for attempted shots, that will be decided as I continue to practice with it this fall. Keep in touch and lets share experiences!

B&C Assoc./Official Measurer
P&Y Assoc./Official Measurer