Well, I woke up this morning and told my wife that I would be heading into the woods again but for an afternoon/evening only hunt/scouting session. As you all know (or some of you anyway, as I have stated in a past post) my wife does not like when I go hunting/scouting by myself. She has also stated that she needs to loose a pound or two (hope she doesn't read this post) and would like to take the walk. So off we went, my wife and I, into the North Georgia National Forest looking for wild game. Now let me start off by saying that my wife does not have anything against me killing wild animals, but she couldn't kill anything herself. Still she trekked into the forest with me to my surprise. We spent about 5 hours scouting. I showed her what the difference is between white and red oaks and what muscadine vines look like as well as deer droppings and what all else to look for (keep in mind that we are originally city folks from Brooklyn NY and this is her first time scouting). We had a really good time, but still I don't think she will be able to or has an interest in "making the kill". I was disappointed that we didn't see any game animals and I saw much more deer sign last year. Don't think she will be going into the woods again, but it was nice to see her show some interest. Some of you hunt often with your wives, some once in a while and some not at all. I never expected to take my wife into the woods. My daughter is 8 and still shows no interest in hunting although she likes to shoot. My son is 4 and has shown some interest with asking questions but hasn't yet wanted to go (except for the one time I took them both squirrel hunting on a hot Georgia afternoon), but I am hoping that will change within the next couple of years. Of course I don't want to push them.
Vin

Scoped Satin Stainless 7.5in Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Mag. 50 Cal CVA Optima Black Powder Pistol