Originally Posted By: BINGO
My buddy bought a 500 S&W when they first came out. It shot fine w/iron sights but he couldn't get enough elevation w/ a Leupold 2.5-8X to zero it at 50 yards. S&W's answer was to use shims under the base. At those prices you shouldn't have to use shims. He's a devout S&W fan but returned it & went back to his Mod 29. In a revolver go w/the other 2. You get what you pay for & (yes I know I'll take heat for this!) the X frame is ugly.

I bought the warne base from S&W for my 500 and it shot perfect using both a leupold 2.5-8 and 2X. I would guess it was either the wrong base, a defective base or not installed properly because I've never heard of any one having an adjustment problem on the 500 and especially not with a Leupold as they have more vertical adjustment than alot of scopes. I have had problems with bushnells where I had to shim bases.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist