Originally Posted By: Jeremy
Rupe, what is skunk cabbage? Never heard of it. I like the calling tactic though. You should be able to call anything hungry in like that.

Here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Cabbage

It grows in marshy ground here in the NW. The bears love it. We learned to put meat and potatos' rolled up in it and cooking it next to the coals of a fire when I was in boy scouts. It smells like skunk but not very strong. It's big leaf witha yellow flower looking inside.

Yes you can call just about anything in with those calls. I have had rabbits show up, big mistake, coyotes but you only call them for about 10 to 15 minutes maybe 20 if you know they have been hunted in the area. Then leave and drive a couple miles and set up again. I had Cougar& ravens show up. Badger come to it as well, but I have never had one show up as well as Fox.
Speaking of Ravens, if one shows up while you are calling in bear, sit tight and don't move at all. Bears will follow the squak of a raven at times. Ravens of course can see any little movement and will set of an alarm. So having a raven show up means you are calling right. It also raises your blood pressure because a bear may show up at anytime.

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><