I bought a MKIII two days ago. Put my spare 4x Leupold on it and like all Ruger handguns it shoots great.

I did find a few quirks though:
Just for giggles I wanted to see if the "loaded round indicator" could actually det a round if hit from the side. IT DID! Easy fix, it's a two piece part. I just removed the smaller piece that contacts the cartridge rim. Problem solved. Certainly a part that could have been left off.

Next I did a trigger job. Once I got it right I ran a safety/function check. Safety on, pull trigger, sear moved just a little. Switch safety to "fire", and BOOM. Another easy fix, just peened the contact area on the safety and refit. Non issue now.

Then I checked the magazine disconnect safety. Safety off, mag out, pulled trigger, sear moved a little. Insert mag..BOOM! One more easy fix. Dremel'd off the engagement slot on the mag disonnect. Now I can fire without a magazine, and no more accidental discharges. Magazine safeties are for goobers who shouldn't handle firearms.

Trigger is at 1 1/2 lb, crisp and safe. I've slammed the bolt a hundred times, pulled trigger on safe then switched to fire, plastic hammered rear, muzzle, grip with no hammer drop.

Now I gotta find the time to go squirrel hunting!