Originally Posted By: dave thomas
I am armed 24-7 , I believe that if something happens and you are not able to respond to the threat and someone is hurt or killed you will not forgive yourself.

I live in a rural area, but home invasion, serial killers, drug users and car jackers and opportunist are everywhere, even if just passing thru.

Here, here, exactly correct. I have the same exact belief that if I was somewhere and the SHTF and I was not armed to at least have the opportunity to do something depending on the circumstances I would never forgive myself.

I also happen to believe that if every criminal or would be criminal knew for a fact that ALL Law Abiding Citizens the could legally carry a defensive weapon did just that the crime rate would not be what it is today.

I also believe that the majority of these thugs that sneak around doing home burglaries etc are cowards, thus the reason they sneak around in the dark. No granted not all fall into this catagory but I bet the majority do.

Yes these types of crimes are finding their way to rural america also, albeit not to the extent it happens in the larger communities. Personally here where I live and work we don't have too much of a problem, but in the county seat of Sisseton (about 25 miles away) things are getting serious. I have been called down there to assist a couple times in the last 6 months.

Larry

PS I don't always have it in my personal vehicle but there is ALWAYS a Bushmaster 16" M4 ORC with a 1.5x4.5x32mm Bushnell Elite 3200 Firefly Rifle Scope loaded with 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips in my work vehicle.

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !