Well here in eastern NC land has gone crazy.A few years ago some of Dolly's kinfolk killed a black bear weighing in at 880lbs.Since then land leases has skyrocketed mostly towards the coastal bay ares.They come from all over.I use to bear hunt extensively with hounds,and was put out because of financial ablity.One 1600 acre tract is now leased for 40,000.I know this because I use to have this lease for 8000.I do not blame the land owner for getting all he can,I do not blame the new hunter for buying prime property to hunt the species he desires.I just consider it bad luck.But like most things I have seen when the easy,dumb,or innocent of a species has been taken and the hunting becomes difficult most will move on.Years ago when coon furs brought 20-40 bucks everyone had a hound.When the coon were almost wiped out and there was no money to be made only a few remained.Like anything I have seen those who persevere will win in the long run.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy