BLeeper,
I shoot a Redhawk and have tried several grips, including the Hogues (2 types), Pachmayr, factory grips, and the Herret's (again 2 types). I took my Redhawk on two trips to Gunsight, where I shot approximately 600 rounds with the various grips. I finally settled on the Hogue monogrip. I have relatively small hands, and the Hogue monogrip and the factory wood were the two best. I tried the Herret Roper like Ravenman has above, and I hated it. It was supposed to dampen recoil, but to me it made it worse. I sent them back (100% guaranteed), and Steve sent a second set with the backstrap filled in. This helped some, but it was still worse than the factory grips. Unforetunately the improved grips were too big for my hand and my shooting suffered. They do have a right side palm swell that definitely fills the hand.

This was truly disappointing to me because I really liked the looks of the Herrets. I guess I bought into the three rules of Gunsight: 1) look good, 2) shoot good, 3) if you can't shoot good make sure that you look good.

By the way, I have a set of Herret Roper stocks that fit a Redhawk for sale if you are interested! I would be willing to let them go for half price.

EW