I really didn't have anyone get me started. My dad had a few handguns when I was growing up, but he didn't care much for hunting. I'm a self taught hunter. Took me about 10 years to get my first one. Never said I was a quick learner. I started putting more pieces in place,and now I'm pretty confident I'll put at least one a season in the freezer. Not a trophy hunter my any means, like the meat. after about a dozen I realized that the farthest deer I killed was about 60 yards, and most were within 30. I'm not even sure how I got into single actions, but I'll tell you this, my first one was a .45 blackhawk with a 5.5" barrell and I feel I got it right the first time. Rides on my hip all day, don't even know its there til I want it. I think with practice and the right opportunity I could shoot a deer at 50 yards. For now I like em within about 30. I know there a lot of guys better, but I like to keep things real, know my limitations, and not wound deer. I lost one, out of about 15 now, and I still feel it. In a way it was a good thing, now I put much more emphasis on practice and good close shots.

I went from pow to Boom. I love the BOOM!